Ritual for artists to live from their creation
2017, Gallery Quimera
Ritual type installation work where symbolic elements are put into play seeking to leave behind inherited programs that prevent artists from being able to live from their production.
Participants are invited to carry out a series of steps and/or actions detailed in a text displayed in the installation. It is intended that through them and thinking of the participants as members of a community (artists, gallery owners, collectors, friends or visitors), it is possible to transcend these obstacles that today hinder their production or the time spent.
Finally, the ashes of what was burned were thrown in the park of the Museum of Fine Arts of the City of Buenos Aires.
Text that invited to do the ritual Perform some or all releases:
- Sign and date the paper “Today: I free myself and artists from their obstacles so that they can live from their creation”
- Picture yourself or an artist/gallery friend selling work/s and receiving in exchange the value they want.
- Throw one or both papers into the container along with a hair from any part of their body.
- Offer wooden brushes, used rags, sketches or used pencils for the creation of their works inside the container.
At the end, make a victory cry or say a phrase like “I’m free!!!”, “Ahhhh” or “Yeah!!”
- You can take a limited edition work titled “If you want to have something, first you have to give it”
- Once the exhibition is over, the ritual will close by setting fire to all the thrown elements and the ashes will be scattered along with offerings to Mother Earth in the garden of the National Museum of Fine Arts.